Thursday, May 23, 2019

BIG BLUE RUN is back, and we won! :)


It's big!
It's blue!
And it's back!
Last March 24, 2019, the Ateneo Athletics Program, in cooperation with Trackstar Sport and RSRJ Events Management, brought back Ateneo De Manila University's very own and eagerly awaited BIG BLUE RUN!
For the BBR comeback leg, runners participated in three different categories: 3k, 5k and 10k.


Each course took us through a scenic tour of the Loyola Campus, while the 5k and 10k routes used one of the newest roads in the campus!



I was grateful to be awarded as the 1st Runner Up even on my 4th month of pregnancy.  That's why our baby is also very active in my belly, swimming and somersaulting according to my OB! 

With Coach Misael Perez,
the organizer of Big Blue Runs.
 




I also participated and won in the side game for having the longest breath.  Suwerte talaga kapag buntis! Blessing na may baby!  My husband also finished 1st Runner Up. 

Thanks so much to Sir Rj Knight Runner and Sir Choy Butchoy of Running Photographers for these photos, and for the 2 months supply of Lightwater anVitaminBoost for more good-for-the-heart exercises.  

Prizes for the fastest runners.

Special thanks to Ms. Mica Sibayan, Marketing Head of the Big Blue Run, for the opportunity to participate here. Because of her, there were a lot of sponsors, freebies and raffle prizes for the runners and winners. 
3K Fastest Male Runners
 



Before joining here, I asked for my doctor's permission if I'm allowed to run and she said that it's better for pregnant women to have regular exercise for an easier labor and healthier baby. Studies have also shown that mothers who exercise have better overall mental health and it helps reduce the risk of gestational diabetes. Inspirational mothers like Olympic track athlete Alysia Montano and marathoners Kara Goucher and Paula Radcliffe have busted the myth that running during a healthy pregnancy is selfish and unsafe. Another research from the Washington University School of Medicine recently published in the April 2015 issue of Nature suggests that running during pregnancy may guard against serious fetal heart defects in infants. So now, I'm not just running for myself, but also for our beloved baby.  



There will be an another Big Blue Run this coming August. Will post the updates on my blog. 

#BigBlueRun #BBR2019




Here are the previous Big Blue Run events that we attended:

At the Big Blue Run II, I broke my personal record for 10 K and finished it in 55 minutes. :)


Posing with my colleagues before the start of the Big Blue Uphill Challenge.
Photo by Mr. Igor Quodala

My advisory class that time, 5 - Barasoain, won as the class with the most number of participants!
We enjoyed thousands worth of GCs from Burger King!

I also won as the 2nd fastest female finisher in the Big Blue Run VI. :)
My parents also joined to support their running eldest daughter! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment